Students and Career Planning
In your late teens and early 20s it can seem rather early to think about your career later in life. Having run workshops for students we have seen several approaches to career issues
- head in the sand/will deal with it later/why do today what you can postpone till tomorrow
- genuine concern about whether they are in fact on the right path and where this will lead
- a strong desire to change track (but everyone advises against this)
- already thinking ahead but a little confused by the choices
- already decided on their ideal career (but are they right or deluded?)
- not decided yet but taking steps to learn more about themselves and the options
We suggest that number 6 is the best! Not least because once qualified there will be little time for career thinking. Read our short report "five most common mistakes people make in their careers and what to do about them" by downloading the pdf here.
All students can join our guest membership within which there are some items of particular relevance to students.
Students are rarely flush with money - so we offer a way to obtain the Career Materials free of charge. Just use this form to let us know where you are a student and we'll tell you more.